It’s no secret that our mood swings are not only restricted to when it’s that time of the month.
We are hormonal, emotional and sensitive at the best of times and if you’re anything like me, I’m in a ‘DON’T F*** WITH ME’ mood about 95% of the time. What about that other 5% you ask? That other 5% I am feeling damn FAB, want to know how? Here are my 16 tips and tricks to going from feeling drab to fab real quick… 🤗
- ACCEPT IT – First and foremost, you need to accept that it is perfectly OK to feel shitty. We are humans and there is nothing wrong with feeling a bit low from time to time.
- Listen to music – Seems simple but putting on some T-Swizzle or some RiRi will have you feeling like a boss lady in no time.
- Makeover – Most of the time that I feel gross, I usually look gross (I know that’s hard to believe). But chucking on a face of makeup, a cute playsuit and *attempting to* style my hair, makes me feel ACE in no time.
- Shopping – Retail therapy is a thing, people! Trust me, my credit card balance (or lack thereof) knows all about it. But enough about my declining AMEX card. Buying a cute outfit for a Sunday sesh or even just a pair of denim shorts to make sure you’re summer-ready will definitely bring a smile to that gorg face.
- Ocean – Is there anything more refreshing than sun, salt and sand? The answer is HELL, NO! Get your buns in a cute bikini and hit the beach.
- WATER – It seems simple right? But you’d be surprised at the difference a bit of H20 can make on your mood, so ladies please stay hydrated!
- Fresh air – I know it’s going to be tough but you may need to take a break from Netflix and chill and the world of all things Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. You may even need to venture outside of your house into the great unknown and you will be hit with something right in the face. It’s called FRESH AIR and sometimes we take for granted that just a little goes a long way.
- Slumber party – You guessed it, GIRLS NIGHT. The answer to any girls’ problems. Get the girl gang together and watch your mood change instantly.
- Exercise – I know none of us likes to admit it, but wearing activewear is not the same as doing exercise. Go for a walk, hit the gym, do some squats or take a pilates class (if you’re really feeling crazy) and watch how sweating out of places you never knew existed will having you feeling AMAZING.
- Meditate – I know what you’re thinking, SHOCK mediation is on the list. But let’s face it, how much time do you spend a day literally doing f*** all? We are all doing at least one thing at any given time. So don’t knock it. Meditation works!!!!
- Watch Mean Girls – I dare you to watch Mean Girls and not laugh. Enough said.
- Eat an acai bowl – Yeah I know, you would think that stuffing your face with Maccas or eating a family sized portion of Cadbury milk chocolate (we’ve all been there) is the answer to your woes. But the truth is, eating all that shit will honestly just make you feel worse. Eating something healthy is going to make you feel like you’ve at least achieved something that day and let’s face it, you can get a cute pic for your insta. Thank me later x
- Write a to-do list – I don’t know if it’s my OCD or just a lack of organisational skills on my part *woops* but I find writing lists really productive! Writing all the things you need to do in a day may seem daunting, but keeping the list realistic will make you feel a lot more positive about the day ahead. And let’s be real, how rewarding is it to tick off the fuckers.
- Have a facial – And no, I’m not talking about spending $200 on microdermabrasion, which SHOULD also pay for a jeep, the souls of my enemies and a damn boyfriend. Buy yourself a sheet mask and watch the magic happen. Pampering yourself will not only get that unwelcomed shit out of your face, but out of your life.
- Clean your space – Guys, I know I’m not alone in thinking that a clean space means a clean mind (that’s not just my OCD talking) Keep your area clear and your mind will thank you for it.
- Reading – Reading is so underestimated. Find yourself a good crime mystery novel and you’ll suddenly forget all your problems and start asking why the f*** they always split up after hearing some majorly effed up noise. It never works guys, one of you will die. It’s a fact.
Words by Elizabeth Tortorici.