It’s Oscars day gang and this is legit one of my favourite days of the year! Check back here on the reg as I bring you all the dresses, arrivals, goss and wins 🏆😎
WHO TF WON
- Best picture: The Shape of Water
- Best actor: Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
- Best Actress: Frances McDormand (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
- Best supporting actress: Allison Janney (I, Tonya) – & it really was one hell of a performance.
- Best supporting actor: Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) – is this the same dude that played the guy that shot Drew Barrymore in Charlie’s Angels?
- Best production design: The Shape of Water – that movie about the chick that can’t talk and falls in love with a sea creature (I think).
- Best sound mixing (AND editing): Dunkirk
- Best documentary feature: Icarus
- Best film editing: Dunkirk
- Best visual effects: Blade Runner: 2049
- Best director: Guillermo del Toro (The Shape of Water)
- Best original song: Remember Me (Coco)
- Best original score: Alexandre Desplat (The Shape of Water)
- Best cinematography: Roger A Deakins (Blade Runner 2049)
- Best original screenplay: Jordan Peele (Get Out)
- Best adapted screenplay: James Ivory (Call Me by Your Name)
- Best makeup and hair: Darkest Hour
- Best costume design: Phantom Thread
- Best animated short: Dear Basketball
- Best documentary short: Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405
- Best animated film: Coco
- Best score: The Shape of Water
- Best live action short: The Silent Child
INTERESTING THINGS THAT HAPPENED
- Helen Mirren did a tequila shot on the red carpet.
- Taraji P Henson gave Ryan Seacrest serious sass on live television.
- The majority of stars boycotted Ryan Seacrest after recent sexual harassment allegations. E! ratings will, as a result, be shit compared to the ABC, who nabbed all of the major pre-ceremony exclusives.
- Old timer Christopher Plummer got pissy when named ‘the oldest actor to be nominated for an Oscar’.
- Host Jimmy Kimmel is legit timing (with an actual stopwatch) the speeches in a bid to keep the ceremony short. The shortest speech wins a jet skit but I think he’s forgetting these people are rich AF and can afford all of the jet skis.
THE RED CARPET SWOON FEST
Allison Williams looks gloriously ‘old Hollywood glamour’ in this pink Armani number. The ‘Girls’ and ‘Get Out’ star is going from strength to strength in her career 💪
I am SWOONING at Sally Hawkins in her 1940’s vintage dress. It’s almost as impressive as her acting skills (almost) ✨❤️
She has arrived! JLAW fans will be having heart palpitations as she struts the red carpet in her gold rippled Christian Dior dress and matching golden rippled hair. I am done, she is fantastic.
Emily Blunt looks like a delicious dessert in this pale blue tulle number.
Our home-grown beauty, Margot Robbie, is insanely stunning in her fitted Chanel dress. Fingers crossed she takes home the gong for her incredible performance in I, Tonya.
My gal Zendaya, (lol she didn’t like me at all, remember this pic? ) looks like a true star in brown chiffon. I would look like the poo emoji 💩
I can’t even deal with how beautiful Zoey looks. That dress. That face. That head of hair.
Gal Gadot is clearly having a right old time in this tasselled, sparkly number – and who wouldn’t! Look at the gal getting swishy!
Championing the #MeToo movement from the beginning, Ashley Judd Mira Sorvino make one hell of a power duo.
Big Little Lies star, Laura Dern, looks smoking in a white slit-shouldered asymmetric gown,
I’m not a huge fan of the frock but as always, Salma Hayek looks delightful and is certainly turning heads away from the mostly monochrome palette we’ve seen strutting down the carpet thus far.
YAS KWEEN! Jane Fonda is effortlessly glam in this fitted white bad boy.
So Rita Moreno just rocked up wearing the same dress she wore when she won Best Actress in 1962 (she’s now 86) and I’m done, this is brilliant.
Elisabeth Moss is wearing an off-shoulder, crystal-embedded pink gown and she looks like a princess. I still haven’t watched The Handmaids Tale so I need to get on that shit.
Taraji P Henson is SLAYING in this black sheer-panelled dress, it’s very dramatic and I’m digging the vibe big time.
Whoopi Goldberg heard a rumour that colour would be sparse on the red carpet so rocked up in a kaleidoscope of green and purple. PREACH 🙌
Viola Davis looks young and fresh AF in this fun pink number. I love that she’s opted for such a bright and fun look amidst a sea of safer options.
I love a lass in pants, far comfier than a heavy dress amirite!? Emma Stone is as chic as ever in a belted jacket.
More colour coming through with Mexican babe Eiza Gonzalez killing it in a yellow fitted dress.
Guys, I think I found my dream wedding gown. Gina Rodriguez is amazingly extra.
I think this is my fave look so far, it’s so weirdly wonderful! Not many gals could pull off a pink puffy dress like this but Andra Day is killing it.
Lupita Nyong’o looks like an actual Oscars award (in the best possible way) – her dress is as glitzy and fabulous as they come.
🙄🙄🙄🙄 I don’t understand what wearing a blanket/snuggy to the Oscars means politically, so until I do, I don’t like it.
We have another Aussie and more pretty, pink sparkles on Abbie Cornish. Sleek, Hollywood waves also seem popular.
Greta Gerwig (nominated for best director for Lady Bird – go girl) is the second lass we’ve seen slaying yellow!
Ok, so NK looks a little like a prom queen wannabe but here’s hoping ‘the clap’ makes an appearance.
The woman even huge stars fangirl over, Meryl Streep looks effortlessly glam in her red gown.
What an ageless beauty! Sandra B is the third wee lass to traipse on down the red carpet dressed as an actual Oscar this year.
Ok cool, Haley Bennett decided to come as a bird.
40 going on 30, Jennifer Garner gets hotter every year 🔥