Here’s what you need to pack in your clutch, pals bag, boyfriends pockets etc, in order to last the day looking as cute as you did in the morning.
- Mints cos’ nobody likes a bish with stank breath. But lay off the gum unless you want to resemble the horsies munching their treats.
- Perfume to freshen up your scent during the afternoon. I love rollerballs or mini fragrances so you’re not lugging around your 100ml perfume. I’m particularly fond of DIPTYQUE Geranium Odorata EDT, available at MECCA. Bottled in a handy 20ml size, the fresh notes keep it clean enough for day wear, while the bergamot notes allow it to hold onto the skin.
- Whatever you put on your lips. For touch-ups obviously. Faded lipstick and flakey liquid lips are just nasty.
- Credit/bank card, ID, Opal card and cash.
- Your FULLY CHARGED telecommunication device AKA phone.
- Concealer to touch-up or cover any little shit of a blemish that pops up. I love that NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer has a limited edition wee mini version. It’s one of the best concealers and this mini fellow is even more compact and portable. I know mini versions aren’t great value for $$$, but just leave them for outings and they’ll last ages.
- Face mist for freshening up your makeup and waking up your skin. Buy the baby version of one from Priceline and you’ll be forever glowy.
- Panadol (just a few spares) in case the cheap champagne gives you one of those horrible headaches. Getting a headache at the races is on par with running into an ex, a sure fire way to ruin your day.
- Duh, your house keys!
If you can’t find a clutch on Showpo you like, I highly recommend visiting The Daily Edited for a beautiful, personally monogrammed range of styles.
Words by Kelly McCarren