So it’s Friday night… and you know what that means… it’s prime Tinder time! 👀 While you might like to pretend that Friday night is for the gals – we all know that secretly you’re making a few too many “toilet stops” in order to have a quick little scroll just to see who’s about. There’s really nothing like a couple of bubbles to have your thumbs getting a little trigger happy – liquid courage my friend, liquid courage.
Being happily coupled up myself – I’ve managed to find myself in the BEST situation where both men and women feel comfortable talking Tinder tales with me. (I’m one of those people that just love “love” – so I’ll happily sit there for hours. I’ll even put my hand up for being the third wheel if my friends are in need of an extra opinion. Yep, I’m #allaboutthelove).
But being a go-to Tinder consult means I’ve also come across my fair share of profile fails (especially with my guy friends – I mean really boys, you might think your mullet is hella hilarious – but that sexy AF girl with the low cut red dress sure doesn’t seem to be seeing the funny side. Left swipes.)
Below, we take a look at the top 10 things you should be doing with your profile that will have the babes flocking like beauty bloggers to a Sephora sale.
- I know you think it’s all about your personality. But it’s not. You choose your HOTTEST pictures. And if you think a little FaceTune couldn’t hurt – then you go ahead and use that app. Go on now.
- You really like “Pretty Little Liars”? That’s nice. Maybe tell your best friend one day. Or not. But don’t be putting that stuff on your profile. Nobody cares.
- Body shots. Bikini shots. Swimwear shots. Cheekily short shorts shots. Leg shots. They work. You might feel a bit skanky – but you can thank me later when it’s date night 9 (and that’s in one week). Oh, btw… it is possible to take this step too far the other way. Don’t be that person.
- You think that shot with your mum is cute? That it shows you’re a family person? It shows them that they want to run to the hills. And fast. Remove.
- Don’t be desperate. Just don’t. It can be smelt from a mile away. Be cool.
- You’ve got lots of friends and you want to put them in every picture? Good for you. But if it’s impossible to tell which one you are – I’m going to go right ahead and suspect you’re most probably the ugly one at the back… This is probably the only time you’ll hear me say this – but ditch the buds.
- Think you’re being funny in your profile description. Funny doesn’t get you far when it comes to Tinder… #justsayin
- Travel Instagram accounts are great for that artsy far away shot. Tinder is not. Show your face my pretty.
- Some people think politics is for Facebook. Some for Instagram. And some, it seems, for their Tinder profile. Me? I think you’re all wrong. (But then again, it’s probably been over 67 days since I watched the news – so who am I to judge…)
- Own it. Confidence is King.
Go get ‘em tiger.
Words by Yelena Fairfax.