Does anyone else feel like this when their alarm goes off?
I have a hatred for mornings paramount only to the stench of tuna (fish in a tin, seriously guys it’s disgusting). I’ve tried every trick in the book to make my mornings more bearable but am still filled with an intense rage when my phone screeches at me, raising me from my slumber.
Even my current wake-up tune ‘Big Booty Bitches’ doesn’t elicit a smile. If anything, the song is ruined for me now.
So in light of this, I’m sure no one is surprised that I’ve scheduled my morning routine to a measly 20 minutes to ensure optimal time is spent wacking my snooze button.
Many people don’t believe that I can do my makeup in less than 3-minutes so I’ve decided to show you all how it’s done. Even if you love mornings (strange creatures), we can all use some time-saving tricks around amirite!
Products I slapped on in this vid (all prices and stockists are AU so please refer to websites for your locations deets).
- Givenchy Acti’mine – An exxy but ridiculously talented little gem of a primer. It will set you back $58 and you can buy it from David Jones.
- Chi Chi Super BB Cream – Super affordable, great coverage and moisturising; ticks all the boxes. $22.95, available at MYER, Target and online.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touch Éclat – Wakes up your under-eye, keeping your peepers nice and bright. $55 and available at David Jones.
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eye Eraser Concealer – I use as spot concealer and it works like a dream. The cushion applicator leaves a flawless finish. Available from Priceline for a steal at $18.95.
- Clinique Chubby In The Nude Foundation Stick – Not an actual contour stick, I just have this awesome prod in a darker shade so use it as such. Proof that you can use products for more than what they’re advertised for! $50 from David Jones.
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Blush Stick – Lips and cheeks in one and what a pretty colour the pink shade is! Love the colour and smooth formula. Available here for $55.
- Arbonne Shape It Up Tinted Brow Cream – Phenom colour and unless you have super sparse brows, this bad boy is more than enough for work-wear.
- Sisley So Curl – I absolutely love what this mascara does for my lashes, it makes them really think without being all goopy ya’ know!? $75 (yes it’s $$$$$ AF) and you can get it from David Jones.
- Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter – So, SO pretty! The glow you get from this is PERFECT for day-wear. Available from Priceline and heaps of other chemists for $12.95.
- The brush that I used (but didn’t mention) is the Nude by Nature Angled Blush Brush. Available from Priceline for $24.95, it’s a great multi-use brush.
Words by Kelly McCarren.